Venice Christmas Parade information and maps
Francesco Abbruzzino, The Uncensored Report, LLC
City of Venice Christmas Parade
In its 47th year, the City of Venice Christmas Parade on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023, is the perfect “kickoff” to the holiday season in Venice, Florida.
Thousands of enthusiastic and creative participants representing over 100 local companies, schools, churches, social organizations and music groups join together to make this community family event fun for all ages.
Tens of thousands of spectators line the parade route early to find and secure their perfect spot to enjoy the festivities.
Bring your appetite! Drinks and goodies are offered for sale by high school booster clubs, Scouts and local nonprofit service groups all along the parade route.
The Venice Holiday Parade returns to downtown Venice on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 25.
- Early chair setup may begin along the parade route after 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 22 by the public (at your own risk). No chairs set up or spectators allowed in the medians in the 100-300 blocks of W. Venice Avenue. Parade-goers are asked to adhere to posted signage. No bleachers, couches, rope, stakes, tarps, canopies or mats; these items will be removed by Public Works. Any chairs placed before 6 p.m. that Wednesday will also be disposed of by Public Works.
- Pre-parade entertainment begins at 5:30 p.m. at Harbor Drive and Venice Avenue and at Nokomis and Venice avenues. Music begins to fill the air, the lighting of the downtown holiday decorations begin to sparkle with the sunset and the fun is just beginning .
- Parade officially begins at 6:30 p.m. at the corner of Park Boulevard and W. Venice Avenue (south side). It will proceed on the north side of W. Venice Avenue after crossing over Harbor Drive. From there, it will make a turn on Nokomis Avenue and travel down to Turin Street. Floats will unload at the Venice Community Center.
- Public parking is available that Saturday at Venice High School.
- Restrooms & trash receptacles can be found along the parade route using this interactive map.
Live streaming of the parade will be available by clicking on this link the evening of the parade: https://tinyurl.com/y97suwmz
NOTE: The City prohibits the throwing of candy and trinkets to spectators from floats for everyone’s safety. These items may be walked to/hand delivered from parade participants to spectators.
The parade route will be closed to all traffic at 3 p.m. Saturday.
This includes both sides of West Venice Avenue and North Nokomis Avenue between Tampa and Venice avenues. Various streets surrounding City Hall will also be closed for staging floats.
The impact spans east/west from the intersection of West Venice Avenue/Harbor Drive to The Esplanade, and north/south from Barcelona Avenue to Armada Road South. These roadways will be open only to local traffic/residents and parade participants after 3 p.m.
For your safety, road closures may be adjusted as needed. View road closures on the interactive map.
The parade begins at corner of Park Boulevard and W. Venice Avenue (south side). It then proceeds on the north side of W. Venice Avenue after crossing over Harbor Drive. From there, it makes a turn onto Nokomis Avenue and travels down to Turin Street. Floats will unload at the Venice Community Center.
View the parade route on the interactive map or graphic below.
Support Francesco Abbruzzino by utilizing his businesses:
- Frankie Abbruzzino, Realtor – RealEstateByFrankie.com
- Telfonix Medical Billing – Telfonix.com
- Obviously, the scoop. Share my links on social media via my page by clicking –>> here or my group by clicking –>> here