Governor Ron DeSantis Signs HB 1421, Improving School Safety in Florida
Francesco Abbruzzino, The Uncensored Report, LLC
- Extends the sunset of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission;
- Authorizes the Commissioner of Education to enforce, rather than just oversee, school safety and security compliance;
- Authorizes safe school officers to make arrests on charter school property;
- Requires all safe school officers to complete crisis intervention and training to improve knowledge and skills for response and de-escalate incidents on school premises;
- Requires law enforcement officers to be present and involved in active assailant emergency drills;
- Requires school boards to adopt family reunification plans in the event of an evacuation; and
- Requires that school districts must annually certify that at least 80 percent of school personnel have received mandatory youth mental health awareness training.
- $120 million for the Mental Health Assistance Allocation, an increase of $20 million over the previous year;
- $180 million maintained for the Safe Schools component of the Florida Education Finance Program (FEFP); and
- $6.5 million for the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program to train teachers and staff for emergencies.
- $100 million for Mental Health Assistance Allocation, an increase of $25 million over the previous year;
- $180 million maintained for the Safe Schools component of the FEFP;
- $3 million for recurring funding to gather an analyze data from social media and state agencies; and
- $8 million for Alyssa’s Law, to implement a panic alert system between schools and emergency services.
- $180 million for the Safe Schools component of the FEFP;
- Over $80 million for Mental Health Assistance Allocation and for Youth Mental Health awareness; and
- $50 million for school hardening grants to improve security of school campuses.
Facebook decided to just delete my original scoop Facebook page, after it was hacked. Like my new page so that you can continue to get the news and scoop, by clicking below.