City of Sarasota offices to observe New Year’s holiday Trash, recycling schedules unaffected for City customers
Francesco Abbruzzino, The Uncensored Report, LLC
City of Sarasota, FL: City administrative offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 31, in observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
Trash and recycling pickups for City customers will be unaffected by the holidays and will continue as scheduled.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
- Nature Trails at Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open regular hours, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, including on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th St., will be closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail – The Box Office will be open on New Year’s Eve.
For more information on garbage collection, contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651.