Dr. Fauci Notes “Disturbing Surge” In COVID-19 Infections Across Florida, Texas, Arizona: Congressional Meeting – Zero Hedge
- Dr. Fauci says he’s “disturbed” by surge in COVID cases
- Larry Kudlow says no chance of another lockdown
- Disney to reopen Disneyland Tokyo
- Arizona reports another record jump
- Cases reported in US last week climbed 25% compared with prior week
- Dr. Fauci testimony released
- Global case total tops 9 million
- Dr. Fauci prepares to testify
- Tennis superstar Novak Djokovic tests positive
- Arizona sees positives top 20%
- Georgia sees 7-day average climb toward records
- Arizona sees 20% positivity rate among all tests
* * *
JUST IN: Italy reports 122 new cases of coronavirus and 18 new deaths.
Total of 238,833 cases and 34,675 deaths.
— Norbert Elekes (@NorbertElekes) June 23, 2020
Update (1155ET): After mostly reiterating comments from his last round of Congressional testimony – he voiced optimism about the possibility of a vaccine by year end, though he’s “concerned” the increase in community spread – Dr. Fauci took his criticism a step further during Tuesday’s testimony, and said he was concerned about the “disturbing surge” in coronavirus infections in Texas, Florida and Arizona seen in recent weeks. The situation in the US is very much a “mixed bag,” he said, and and the next two weeks will be “critical” in the fight against COVID-19.