Sarasota man arrested and facing charges of sexual battery & various illegal narcotics charges
Francesco Abbruzzino, The Uncensored Report, LLC
Calvin Turner, 46, of Sarasota, has been arrested and is facing multiple charges including sexual battery, trafficking in fentanyl, cocaine, and MDMA, and possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell within 1000 feet of a church. Turner is a registered sex offender and is currently under federal supervision for a narcotics violation.
Sarasota Police detectives were called to a home in the City of Sarasota on September 14, 2021, just before 10:30 p.m. for a sexual battery investigation. The victim, an adult woman, told detectives Turner sexually assaulted her at his home against her will.
The next day, September 15, 2021, Sarasota Police detectives conducted a search warrant at Turner’s home at 2949 Veronica H. Allen Place, Sarasota, in connection to the sexual battery investigation. When detectives entered the home, they found prescription edibles and two plastic baggies with white powder residue in plain view. Detectives tested the substance and test results returned as positive for Cocaine.
Additionally, Sarasota Police detectives found the following narcotics and prescription pills inside Turner’s home:
- 34.9 grams of Cocaine,
- 20.8 grams of MDMA (also known as ecstasy),
- 10 grams of Fentanyl,
- 51 pills of Alprazolam (also known as Xanax),
- 73 pills of Gabapentin (an anti-epileptic drug),
- 6 pills of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride (a muscle relaxant drug),
- 5 pills of Levothyroxine Sodium (a thyroid medication),
- 252 grams of Spice (also known as Synthetic Cannabinoids),
- 498 grams of Marijuana
- Additional 329.1 grams of suspected Marijuana was sent to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office lab for testing.
Turner was arrested and transported to the Sarasota County Jail. Booking photos can be found on the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office website at https://www.sarasotasheriff.org/arrest-reports/index.php
Turner is facing multiple charges including:
- Sexual Battery – Suspect and Victim over 18 (Felony)
- Trafficking in Cocaine – 28 grams less than 200 grams (Felony)
- Trafficking in MDMA – 10 grams less than 200 grams (Felony)
- Trafficking in Fentanyl – 4 grams less than 14 grams (Felony)
- 2 counts: Possession of a Controlled Substance w/ Intent to Sell 1000’ of a Church (Felony)
- Possession of Marijuana w/ Intent to Sell 1000’ of a Church (Felony)
- 3 counts: Possession of a Drug without a Prescription (Misdemeanor)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Misdemeanor)
Turner is currently being held at the Sarasota County Jail.